International partner institutions
One of the UKSW priorities is to tighten and develop cooperation with the world’s leading scientific units and to strengthen its position among European scientific institutions. By 2021, UKSW has concluded 96 bilateral agreements with partner institutions from around the world, e.g. from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Sweden, Ukraine, Hungary, Great Britain and Italy.
Students and employees can go to over 300 European universities. During their stay in foreign scientific institutions, programme participants broaden their knowledge and acquire new skills. Every year, several dozen academic teachers go on research stays in foreign partner centers. Every year, the University hosts professors from leading European universities who conduct classes.
The Erasmus program also covers university administration employees who expand their knowledge and professional competences by participating in training courses and workshops organized by foreign institutions, e.g. in Latvia, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, Great Britain, France and the Czech Republic. It is also an opportunity to exchange experiences and good practices used at other universities.
UKSW students can apply for scholarships offered by foreign institutions. Thanks to them, they can study abroad, conduct interesting research and scientific projects.
Foreign scholarship programs for UKSW students:
- programs and scholarships of the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange,
- CEEPUS program (Central European Exchange Program For University Studies),
- Sciex-NMSch scholarship fund,
- The Kosciuszko Foundation Grants,
- Fullbright-Schuman scholarship program,
- Józef Tischner Fellowships for Polish and Polish-American Scholars,
- International Parliamentary Scholarship of the German Bundestag,
- DAAD program – German Academic Exchange Service,
- Central European Exchange Program for University Studies,
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst program,
- GFPS scholarship – semester in Germany,
- French government scholarships.
NOur University belongs to European and international associations promoting higher education and cooperation between member universities.
The associations to which UKSW belongs include:
- FUCE – Fédération des Universités Catholiques Européennes – a network of Catholic European universities created under the Fédération Internationale des Universités Catholiques.
- FIUC – Fédération Internationale des Universités Catholiques – an international association of Catholic universities and institutions of higher education, approved by the Holy See in 1949 and recognized as an International Non-Governmental Organization by the United Nations System.
Courses and studies abroad
UKSW students have the opportunity to take advantage of a wide range of courses and studies abroad, thanks to which they improve their competences and broaden their knowledge.
Among them are:
- Polish-German Tandem,
- Freie Universitaet Berlin,
- Summer Abroad in Northern France,
- Postgraduate studies at the College of Europe,
- Master Christianity and Society,
- Courses at the University of Oxford,
- Training at Academia Presentation Center.
Detailed information can be found on the website of the International Cooperation Department.