Przejdź do treści

Student loans

UKSW students and doctoral students can apply for low-interest loans in several banks.

Credit applications

A student loan may be granted to a student under 30 and a doctoral student under 35. An application may also be submitted by a candidate who is just starting education at our University.*

Applications can be submitted throughout the year electronically or in paper form. They are processed within 30 days from the date of submission.

List of banks that accept student loan applications:

  1. PKO Bank Polski S.A.,
  2. Bank PEKAO S.A.,
  3. Bank Polskiej Spółdzielczości S.A. (together with affiliated cooperative banks),
  4. SGB-Bank S.A. (together with affiliated cooperative banks).

The application for a student loan should be supplemented with:

  • a statement on the amount of income and number of applicant’s family members for the previous year,
  • a certificate from a university confirming that the applicant is a student, doctoral student or a document confirming participation in recruitment for studies or a doctoral school,
  • any documents required by the bank for the purpose of assessing creditworthiness
  • and collateral for loan repayments.

In the application, one of the available loan amounts should be indicated. The monthly tranche of a student loan can be PLN 400, 600, 800 or 1000.

Period and terms of disbursement and repayment of the loan

In the case of students, the loan may be paid out for a period of six years, and in the case of doctoral students – for four years. Loan tranches are paid in the academic year for a period of ten months.

Students must repay the loan in equal monthly installments two years after graduation. The number of installments is twice the number of student loan tranches disbursed.During the loan tranche period and during the grace period, interest on the loan is repaid in full by the state budget.

In the event of finding oneself in a particularly difficult life situation or a complete loss of the ability to repay liabilities, the student loan may be partially or fully redeemed. At the request of the borrower, the decision on redemption is made by the minister responsible for higher education.

Detailed information on student loans is available on the website of the Ministry of Education and Science.

* Before signing the loan agreement at the institution that grants the loan, you must submit a certificate confirming that you are a student or doctoral student.